Tuesday, May 22, 2012

QR Codes Can Do It for Business - Interactive Advertising

       Well its a cloudy day in Ottawa after an amazing Victoria day weekend. The Sun was out and about all weekend, I got a little burnt but the BEST part is I found some pretty cool interesting stuff for everyone to read about! Here are some of the things I spotted around the web today.

Your local bar just got that much more social!


       That there my friend is a pint of Guiness. What's that on the glass you might ask? Not just a cool design, its a QR code you can scan! A cool way to let all your friends know that A. You're getting plastered and B. Where you are so they can join you! They're simply thinking outside the gladd. Scanning the code allows you to visit the Guiness facebook page where you can share your current experience on Facebook, Twitter and whatever other social planet you may be living on. QR codes seem to be picking up and here's another interesting take on them.

Point Know Buy - Shop anywhere and anytime, even when you're bored!



       If you can imagine from the image above, sitting at a bus stop and browsing for a new pair of shoes, checking out the new iPhone or shopping for a new backpack? This can bring a whole new meaning to window shopping. Advertising has taken it to another level with not only sporting the neat benefits a product might present but, it will also give you a chance to check reviews of the products, compare the product to similar ones as well as presents the chance for your to actually make a purchase. You POINT to scan and surf, you KNOW by discovering desired information and you BUY instantly creating ease of application for the user and another "touch" for businesses to consumers.

If QR codes are so cool, why aren't more people using them?

       Here's the deal. The first time I used a QR code, it sent me to a video of a really cool movie advertisement. Guns blazing, explosions, action packed, it got the adrenaline going. For a short time after I had been a QR code fiend scanning and viewing everything companies threw at me. During that short time, the most exciting thing I found was the Facebook page for Lulu Lemon. Simply put, companies are not putting useful or entertaining content. There has to be a benefit in whipping out my phone, unlocking it, loading the program, scanning the code and waiting for SOMETHING to pop up other than a Facebook page that I could simply Google if I cared enough. MAKE IT WORTH IT!
     Here is an interesting alternative to QR codes. Google Goggles!
This to me is FAR more interesting than QR codes. BUT, I wouldnt be so quick to discount the codes. Used effectively, they could still be an very interesting way to interact with advertising! After searching up Mashable.com for a little bit, I found on article on some interesting ways a restaurant can use QR codes.

Creativity in the Restaurant using QR Codes


1. Mobile Ordering
To avoid interacting with a human that is possibly juggling many different things around the place, simply scan a QR code on the menu, make your order online and once that is finished, the program will generate a personal QR code that has all the info in it for the server to scan and go.

2. Link to Photos and Social Media
There comes a time in everyones life when they take a look at a menu and think, "wow that sounds good, I wonder what it looks like?" BOOM QR code that leads you to not only a picture of the meal BUT reviews and comments about the dish so help the buying process along.
     
        Well I hope I did my job and got your brains in thinking mode. Do you have any interesting takes on QR codes and what they can do for you? Comment below, I would love to feature your opinion in my next article!

1 comment:

  1. Publicizing has taken it to another level with not just wearing the flawless advantages an item may show be that as it may, it will likewise allow you to check surveys of the items.My name is Nagaraj I'm working outdoor advertising My opinion is contrast the item with comparative ones and also exhibits the chance for your to really make a buy. You indicate sweep and surf, you know by finding sought data and you BUY in a split second making simplicity of use for the client.

    ReplyDelete